Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Things We Think and Do Not Say

"That's how you become great, man. Put your balls out there." says the stoner looking clerk to Jerry Maguire late at night as he publishes his manuscript.

The Things We Think and Do Not Say.
The answer is simple "Fewer clients. Less Money".


Despite your opinion on Tommy Cruise, I love this part of the movie Jerry Maguire. Jerry sits and writes. He vents, comes up a solution, a new stance, and takes action on it.

I have incorporated this in my professional life (not freaking out and putting manuscripts in everyone's mailbox)... I call them "My Jerry Moments" and I end up writing them a couple times a year when I am frustrated and looking for answers.

The format I use is:

1. Vent
2. Set Goals
3. Create an Action Plan

I usually read them over a few times and think it over for a few days. It is interesting to go back and read my thoughts and opinions at a certain time. In hindsight, life is usually not as bad as I thought it was. It's amazing to see what you can accomplish when you have a clear head, goals, and action plan to move forward on. Do you use any similar methods?

- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment