Wednesday, March 30, 2011

read the frickin’ manual - Mark Cuban Spotlight

I'm a huge fan of Mark Cuban (here's his bio). I like his blog and his off the whim posts. You can tell his posts are real and uncensored. You should bookmark it.


Every now and then he writes about sales related topics like he did in his post today Taking No for an Answer and other Business Mistakes

I thought I would share this part:

"It takes work to find qualified prospects. It also takes courage to overcome the fear of not knowing what will happen next. It is very, very easy to send someone an email every hour or daily.  That is what  a lazy person is going to do.  Spend all of two seconds hitting the resend button. A smart, focused and successful salesperson will gear up and do the homework necessary to find their next customer. That is a sign of confidence . Knowing that you believe so much in what you do, that it is going to be fun and exciting to find your next customer and show off with how amazing your products/service/idea is. If the last person didn’t get it. That is their problem. Not yours."

Mark also did a series of blog posts in 2007 on Success & Motivation. He shares in depth his attempts at starting, growing, and failing different businesses. This will get you fired up.

"I remember sitting in that little office till 10pm and then still being so pumped up, I would drive over to the gym I belonged to and run 5 to 10 miles on the treadmill going through that day, and the next in my head. Other days I would get so involved with learning a new piece of software that I would forget to eat and look up at the clock thinking it was 6 or 7pm and see that it was 1am or 2am. Time would fly by."

"After drinking that cheap champagne, I wasn’t getting out of bed till about 9pm, so I had tons of time to lie on the floor and read. It worked. Turns out not a lot of people ever bothered to RTFM (read the frickin’ manual), so people started really thinking I knew my stuff."

Enjoy.

- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment